Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looking Ahead...

Another of my favorite posts of the year - a peek at what's to come!

Series Books:

Ensnared (Splintered, book three) by A.G. Howard: what can I say? I'm a sucker for Alice. (Expected publication: January 2015)

The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, book three) by Maureen Johnson: it's finally here! I love the mystery and spookiness of this series, as well as MJ's signature touch of humor. (Expected publication: February 2015)

The Black Reckoning (Books of Beginning, book three) by John Stephens: I loved the first two books in this fantasy series and am eager to see what the conclusion will bring. I'll probably listen to the audio version of this - the first two were narrated by Jim Dale! (Expected publication: March 2015)

Shadow Scale (Seraphina, book two) by Rachel Hartman: more loveliness from Hartman and more Seraphina? Can't wait! (Expected publication: March 2015)

Lair of Dreams (Diviners, book two) by Libba Bray: I mean, I've already waited so long, but please don't make me wait forever, Libba. (Expected publication: April? August? 2015) 


Heart of Betrayal (Remnant Chronicle, book two) by Mary E. Pearson: I wasn't overwhelmingly excited about book one, but I still want to know more about the world Pearson created, so I'll be looking for this one in the summer. (Expected publication: July 2015)

Untitled (Raven Cycle, book four) by Maggie Stiefvater: I have Blue Lily, Lily Blue sitting at home, waiting to be devoured, but I may put it off and devour books three and four back to back. (Expected publication: likely fall 2015)

The Rose Society (Young Elites, book two) by Marie Lu: while I didn't love the first book as much as I hoped, I'm still intrigued to see where book two will go, particularly after the ending of book one. (Expected publication: October 2015)

Standalones/New Series:

All Fall Down by Ally Carter: another series I'm looking to finish is Carter's Heist Society, which will prep me for kicking off a new series with her, this time full of conspiracy! (Expected publication: January 2015)

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: this book is already one of the most talked-about 2015 titles, and I'm all for more fantasy with unusual worldbuilding, so bring it on! Lucky to have an ARC of this! (Expected publication: February 2015)

Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein: her previous two novels have absolutely broken me, so I expect nothing less from her newest. This one is set in Ethiopia before World War II, definitely a setting and time that I've never read before. (Expected publication: March 2015)

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma: I've already heard some buzz about this one, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. A suspenseful and ghostly story billed as "Orange is the New Black Swan" - sounds amazing! (Expected publication: March 2015)

All the Rage by Courtney Summers: my maid of honor is actually reading this book right now, so I need to get on board with it. Billed as Speak for a new generation, I'm dying with anticipation for this one. (Expected publication: April 2015)

None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio: I'm thrilled to see an increasing number of books that explore the gender spectrum and this book, featuring an intersex protagonist, definitely fits the bill. Hoping it's as great as I'm imagining. (Expected publication: April 2015)

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: though I have Throne of Glass sitting on my shelves (you see why I need to read the books I own???), I haven't read it, but that doesn't stop me from anticipating her new series, said to be a combo of Beauty and the Beast and faeries. (Expected publication: May 2015)

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: any year with a new Patrick Ness novel is a good year and this one, about the people in a story who aren't the hero, should be fascinating. (Expected publication: August 2015)

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell: AN ACTUAL SIMON SNOW NOVEL?!?! I am so flipping excited you guys! (Expected publication: October 2015)

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I'm very much looking forward to finishing out the Grisha trilogy next year, but I also can't wait for the start of her new series, set in the same world and marketed as a cross between Ocean's 11 and A Game of Thrones. YES PLEASE! (Expected publication: October 2015)

The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan: apparently I'm not sick of Riordan's style yet. This series, focusing on Norse mythology, is sure to be a big hit. (Expected publication: October 2015)

This is a small list of what I'm looking forward to in 2015. What have I missed? What are your anticipated reads?

Additionally, it's Cybils season! Head on over to their website and check out the just-released shortlists - pay attention to the Elementary/Middle-Grade Speculative Fiction list if you want to know what my next half dozen or so reads will be! I'm super-excited to see the other shortlists as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment